How to Create a PDF Form with FillFaster: Tips and Tricks
Welcome to FillFaster.com! 🎉
This guide will help you use our form builder to create forms that look amazing both before and after submission.
To begin, go to your dashboard – here.
From your dashboard, you can either “Create a new form” or edit an existing one.
Now you are ready to use the form builder – let’s go!
Step 1 - Settings
This section will explain the basic and advanced settings for your form. Let’s go through them one by one.
- Upload your document. We only accept PDF files for now.
Tip: To make your form load and generate faster, we suggest you compress your PDF file before uploading it. This will not affect the quality of your text and images. You can use this free and easy tool: https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf
- After uploading your file, give your form a name. This name will be visible to both you and your clients.
- Form Language – This is the language that your clients will see on the form, regardless of your dashboard language. Our forms also support RTL languages.
Note: This only applies to the buttons and some texts. You can use any language for the rest of the form.
- Webhook – By default, you will receive an email with each form submission. If you want to connect your forms to other systems or automations, you can enter the webhook URL here. The webhook will be sent in real time, right after each submission. It will include the data entered by the client and the PDF file itself, or a link to it – depending on your preference. You can find more details on how to integrate with other services in our guides.
Step 2 - Building the Form
Let’s see how you can turn your PDF form into a customized, user-friendly, and mobile-ready online form.
To create a new field, click on the blue “Add new field” button on the right..
A new box will appear on the document, which you can drag and resize as you wish.
as you can see, in this case the box is not suit to the form, so you can change it’s location and size:
Tip: we suggest you to use the whole space on the document, so it can accommodate longer inputs..
Next, you can adjust the input settings for each field:
The options are:
- Field Name: This is the name that will appear on the form for the users, so make it clear and descriptive.
- Type: Select the type of input, which will help us to check the validity and enable auto-fill by the browser.
- Required Field: If this is checked, the users will have to fill out this field before submitting the form.
- Font size: This will change the font size for the input – only on the generated PDF.
- Alignment: Here you can choose how to align the input within its box.
- Positioning: This will help you to fine-tune the location of the box. Try it out.
Some Useful Tips
- If you want to duplicate a field box with all its settings – such as box size, type, alignment, font size etc – you can use the “copy – paste” keyboard shortcuts.
- If you want to align multiple boxes next to each other, you can use the magnet line feature: Instead of having fields like this:
You can drag a magnet line from the left/top bars around the document:
Step 3 - Share Your Form with Your Clients or Users
The final step is to share your form with your clients or users who need to fill and sign it. You can do this by clicking on one of the “Share” buttons at the center of the screen. You will see a link that you can copy and paste into any channel you prefer, such as email, SMS, WhatsApp, etc.
The recipients will be able to access your form from any device and browser without downloading any app or software. They will be able to fill out and sign your form online with ease and convenience. They will also be able to save their progress and resume later if they need to.
Step 4: Receive Your Submissions
Once your clients or users submit your form, you will receive their submissions in your preferred method. You can choose from different options such as:
- Email: You can receive an email notification with all the data and the filled PDF file attached.
- Webhook: You can receive a webhook notification with all the data in JSON format.
- CRM: You can integrate your form with popular CRM platforms.
- API: You can use our API to send or receive data from any app or platform.
You can also view all your submissions in your account dashboard.